
The story zooms in on the character of Marie-Antoinette, played by a ravishing Kirsten Dunst, who arrives at Versailles at the tender age of 14, to become queen of France a mere 5 years later. Coppola emphasizes the loneliness of Antoinette throughout the film: most important is her alienation from the French court by the fact that she is a foreigner . Her powerlessness to "fit in" is emphasized also through her sexual alienation from her socially-awkward husband her mother's chidings that she has not yet produced an heir to the French throne , and the bitchy gossip that goes on behind her back at court.
Marie-Antoinette is depicted as an intensely personable, friendly and playful person. Coppola fashions a Marie-Antoinette who is a dutiful daughter, a patient wife to Louis and a caring and tender mother. She is shown as both bold and humble, two qualities which had quasi-miraculous effects on both the court and the angry mob, as is shown in some of the film's most touching moments.
I want to see this movie!! Becouse, there are many cute dresses, shoes and characters. And, I can learn the history of "LADY". Nowadays, some people wear dress like Marie-Antoinette. So I want to know how did the people wear fassion! I f you see the movie, please tell me your impression!!
No comments:
Post a Comment